Sunday, March 06, 2005

I’ve never been so uneasy to take a walk / Than while in your hands today.

Though it should seem an effortless task,
I know (inconsequentially) many feats
More worth saving
Than my own.

Yet you still don’t know how to step away
From this impossibly shallow pool
you’ve managed to wade through.
No lukewarmer than the promises I can’t keep,
And as fragmented
As open eyes in saltwater.

Somewhere along the way
You’ve disturbed what I try to keep analytical
And define by regrets;
Symptoms
And outraged leaks from
My most prized weakness:
A temperament of puzzled reelections,
And nervous laughs.

But you bring me past the dynamics of daydreams and
All the way to the scape of grace and inaudible screams
Of sideways delight
And nonsensical bleats.
So far that I’ve rebelieved
we can go somewhere
To pretend we’re as regal
As that man and woman
They write every song for.

And yes.
All the way to the point
I throw my head back and relax.
Poised with a bend most people have misunderstood
As a scoff of unmanaged ego.
That’s as far as we can go, I’m afraid
Of all the places in the world
I’ve never been so unsure as
I’ve recoiled today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home